Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mystic River


I was out for a Sunday drive as I'm wont to do on Sundays even though it was a Monday that day. Well it was a holiday Monday so it sure seemed liked a Sunday. I drove up the Cristo Rey road and collected a great amount of dust in my Chevy Tracker since the back window zipper decided to split.   
Apparently they're not as easy to fix as your run of the mill pants fly so I've been putting it off. Anyway... I ended up at the Mystic River Resort which fulfilled my goal of going somewhere I'd never been before. I was not disappointed. The place is gorgeous. Top pic is one of the cabanas that overlooks the river and next is the dinning room fireplace. 
The outdoor bar also overlooks the river and did I mention you can see the river from the dinning room too? It seems that the river was kind enough to circle around at that point giving wonderful views in just about every place I looked. Last but also beautiful is the view of the river from the bar. I could have stayed all day but heeded the call of the road, and off I went in a cloud of dust. Thanks Tom and Nadege for graciously allowing me to interrupt your special day. Nice place, nice people. I hope to be back. Mystic River Resort is online at: http://www.mysticriverbelize.com/










No comments:

Post a Comment