Monday, March 17, 2008

Lunch with the Prime Minister of Belize

Friday March 14th was a big day politically in Belmopan. Ministers & senators flocked into the city for the presentation. I was meeting a few people for lunch and we’d just sat down at our table when the honorable Dean Oliver Barrow, Belize’s new and much better (this is not high praise so much as the anticipation of an end to the corruption of the former ruling government’s upper echelon) Prime Minister walked through the door to join his party. Okay, so I didn’t actually have lunch with him but he did smile, nod & say hello as he passed our table. Needless to say the place was packed with political type people which made the Belizean process of ordering drinks and food, then waiting for the bill even longer than usual but I didn’t mind. The company was good and I got to tell everyone I had lunch with the Prime Minister of Belize.

4 comments:

  1. You have a very interesting, in fact useful blog on Belize. I am happy to visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never posted a page when we had lunch!!! Wait til I'm Governor Genaral. (;-)

    jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed lunch with PM, and this site. You are as lovely as ever and I'm sure His majisty took notice, if he was sober. well. off to answer more email..... c u at our next lunch date.

    jj

    ReplyDelete