Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Catch up!


I haven’t writing anything for a while so I’m going to try and catch up on a few things today. My excuse is… I don’t really have an excuse but this picture might give you a clue as to what I’ve been up to in my spare time. Hey, can I help it if I’m lured to the call of the hammock? I think not.
Gertie is still sitting on her egg and Beatrice is now Bernie. Yes, he’s turned out to be a rooster. So I have one hen not laying eggs and two roosters. Big surprise, Randy and Bernie do not get along! They do a little chicken dance, then face off and fly up and down about 5 feet in air. Fortunately there have been no cock fights but one of them is going to have to go. Miguel has taken a liking to Ralph and has offered to trade a hen for him. “Amen” I say, Ralph is the one who starts crowing at 4:30 in the morning and doesn’t stop until about 8:00. I’ve made Miguel promise not to make tamales out of him. Am I a great egg farmer or what? Don’t answer that, okay.
Hobo is getting bigger every time I see him. I finally got him to run along side of me. Of course I gave him a big ripe mommy apple for this amazing feat and he gave me a big orange kiss after eating it. Yuck, time for a bath for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment