Saturday, September 22, 2007

Mr. Peanut Head


Yesterday, during one of my daily walks through the jungle park I ran into this fellow. Actually there were three of them but they all looked exactly alike so I only posted one picture. They’re about five inches long and the eyes appear to be on the side of its neck. Oh yeah, I almost forgot… they walk sideways. The function of the big peanut shaped head is anybody’s guess. I was tempted to break it open to see if there were nuts inside but I hate to hurt anything bigger than a mosquito (I even sweep out spiders and roaches). I know as much about insects as I do about frogs, so if anyone can identify this fellow please use the comment button below and let me know what it’s called so I can find out more about it.
It’s not really that unusual to find odd looking creatures around here. I’ve actually got quite a collection (images, not the actual bodies) if anyone is interested in seeing more. Chances are I’ll post more even without requests.
Gertie is laying an egg every day now and the parade in and out of the coop continues. I guess chickens get board and need a change from searching for insects to eat but “Come on guys, give the poor girl a break!”
I’m off on a road trip to Mexico for a couple of days. I’m sure I’ll have something exciting to write when I get back.
Later…

No comments:

Post a Comment